Avenue B which starts at Capitol Avenue
street from Calvary Cemetery might have been one
of the original taxiways for the airport which sat on
the site for around ten years following WWI. There’s
also an Avenue A and an Avenue C! (NNV Photo)
This old site plan shows the housing development
designed for the western edge of the airport land.
Alum Rock Avenue is on the left edge of the plan; Capitol Avenue runs along the top.
Avenues A, B and C all intersect with Pala Avenue. (1925 Plan from Elizabeth Driedger)
Copyright© 2006 by Judy Thompson. All rights reserved.